Monday 29 July 2013

{Who doesn't want a job}

I have been a bit quiet lately and I apologise! I moved across continents last week and have settled in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. I am going to take a while to settle down but I am quickly enjoying the lifestyle!

Who knew I would have to find a new shoe and clothing size, cereal, brand of milk etc. But obviously the hardest thing is looking for a job.

I tried Craigslist, School Websites, Indeed, but in the end it's who you know that helps best when looking for a job. When I lived here last year for 3 months I made a couple friends. One of them is a Photographer and as soon as I got here I asked if her company needed any photographers. She said there wasn't anything but a day and a half later she called to say someone had quit. I applied for the job and got an interview the next day. It was such perfect timing! I am awaiting my second interview with the bosses boss ;)

So talk to as many people as possible about your situation because you never know what might happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment