Tuesday 21 May 2013

{Karkloof Farmer's Market}

Can you believe I went to the Karkloof Farmer's Market for the first time this weekend, after living in Hilton for about 22 years. Our friends told us to meet them there for breakfast at 7:30am on Saturday. Ok... I pushed it to 8 because a girl needs her Saturday sleep in!

We had a Moccachino and took a stroll around the stalls looking at fresh bread, fruit, veg, cheese, Wedgewood Nougat and biltong. My favourite had to be the "Mother-in-law's revenge" chili sauce.

With little knowledge of what to wear to a farmer's market -I went with track pants and takkies. I won't do that again! Pumps, jeans and a nice shirt/jacket will do as the market is in a shed that has cement flooring. No mud!

So do yourself a favor and get there on a Saturday morning...just outside of Howick!

No comments:

Post a Comment