Monday 3 June 2013

{Butternut soup}



Got this recipe from my sister-in-law Kirsty...thanks!


 Ingredients
1 butternut
1 Onion
1 Orange
3 TBS flour
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp curry powder
1 chicken stock in 3 cups boiling water
1 cup milk


Instructions
Fry onions in butter
Add cubed butternut and fry for 3 minutes
Add flour, curry powder and nutmeg
Add chicken stock in water and add milk, orange juice, and grate the orange peel
Simmer slowly for 15-20 minutes
Liquidize
Add salt and pepper to taste and tsp sugar
Add a dash of cream and sprinkle with chopped parsley
Then enjoy!
 
I cubed 2 butternuts

2 comments:

  1. Yummm... so easy and delicious! I use a chopped apple in the soup to bring out the sweetness, but orange juice is a great idea too! I also add Herbalife protein powder to mine for extra protein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea...I'll add the Herbalife next time!!! x

    ReplyDelete