Monday 24 June 2013

{The Hunger Games}

I had never read a book or series before watching the movie until 'The Hunger Games'. Some friends in Korea lent me the 3 books and I devoured them in the shortest time before the movie came out.

I remember when Harry Potter came out , and the people that had read the books would say 'The movie was disappointing...the book was much better!", to which I would reply, "You snooty book nerd", behind their back obviously.

I have now become the subject of my criticism to my dismay. As much as I enjoyed the movie....wait for it....the book was much better. It didn't help that I finished it the week that we went to go and watch it, and so it was fresh in my mind. But obviously the movie can't capture the intensity of the bonding between Katniss and Pru, the mysterious connection between Katniss and Gail and the severity of the Games itself.

I did however love the characters they chose to play the roles! Peta was a little shorter than I imagined but I got over it! Please read these 3 books - they were amazing! I can't wait for the second movie to come out in November - "Catching Fire".
#nosnootycommentsallowed




No comments:

Post a Comment